Concrete flower bed

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o2284200

Reaction score
I dug down to bottom of this portion of a concrete flower bed.
How would you move this back in place and what would you use?

63500d1456857525-concrete-flower-bed-concrete-flower-bed-border.jpg

63502d1456857819-concrete-flower-bed-concrete-flower-bed-border2.jpg

64760d1459879890-concrete-flower-bed-concrete-flower-bed-border3.jpg

Well first thing I would want to do is nudge it all back into line, if that is possible. If you can't, then you will have to consider pouring a new curb.
If you can line it all up, power wash the crevices and use a bonding agent on the pieces. Then use a cement mix (not a concrete mix, that would be too coarse) to fill the gaps and cracks. I don't have brand names in mind, but I'll re-post if I think of them.

The rebar wants to be 2" inside the concrete or it will rust and blow the concrete apart, I would remove and replace.

Well first thing I would want to do is nudge it all back into line, if that is possible...
Thanks!
I'm thinking I need to try to "nudge" the bottom over a bit first but how would you go about trying to "nudge"...And what would you use?

I have a couple of 5’ long steel pry bars but I doubt you have that around.

In that case on the outside of the wall dig a hole deeper than the bottom of the wall and stick a 4x4 or heavy pipe, anything stout and strong in the hole. Then stick a piece of wood or a brick or something in the hole against the thing to move and the pole and lever off the side of the hole at the bottom by pushing high up on the pole. The wall will move or the dirt will if nether moves push harder if that doesn’t get a friend to help push.

I’m too lazy to work that hard any more so I wrap a chain around things and pull them with my truck or put the plow on and push them with the plow. Last summer I pulled out a 5’x5’x6” thick slab and pushed it about 10’ with the truck and a pole between the slab and the plow frame.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Back