Drylining a wall?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a language issue but I have a question.
What is dry-line a wall?
Do you mean rebuild a damaged wall?
You will get more answers with the more detailed question.

Welcome.:)

I've never heard of this terminology either but, I would suspect that this poster is trying to waterproof/seal a brick wall (possibly a basement wall) or it could be simply adding another layer of brick to the thickness of a wall. Either way, I'll be enlightened to understand this phrase.

I think this is an English term for drywalling. I have read that modern homes in Britain sometimes have thin cinder block interior walls that they fasten drywall to. Maybe glue it in place? So, if I am right, the question would seem to be - how to put up and finish drywall?

Big question. A Google search will give show lots of video showing how this
is done. Also, on YouTube.

If this is to be done over brick, then I am not sure the best way to install it. Maybe glue (Liquid Nails?) would work, if the wall has no moisture problems.

Welcome Dave:
I agree with plasterguy about the glue for attaching to brick. The instructions on the tube will tell you to run a bead of glue near the edges of the board and a serpentine pattern in the field. Place the drywall and press all over, pull it back immediately for the 'flash off', wait a couple of minutes and press the sheet back.
Liquid nails, Contech and other brands will do just fine.
Glenn

Back