Bags of Water?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that sounds so freaky i dont think that there is actually any reason reason behind this stupid way of getting rid of flies......i'll suggest just use flies spray from any reputable company and that's it you are done.....

Oh...I beg to differ. Funectuals idiot brother-n-law has sorta, semi, almost proven this kinda works.

Does it work indoors where there isn't sunlight? I have a prepubescent boy who leaves mostly drank cups of milk all over his room that invite a fly population.

As for the BBQ, we had dogs and the same problem with flies around the deck. After much research I planted lavender and peppermint around the deck. It looked nice, smelled nice and helped keep flies and wasps away.

The water bags seem to be a periodic fad around here. They'll be hanging in restaurant patios, people ask about them, they sjow up at homes. Somebody writes to paper or TV, flurry of bags, letters yea and nay, just like here, all kinds of theories. My fave, fly approaches bag, sees magnified reflection of big scary eyes,:eek: flees in terror. :hide: Perhaps it is people going to bags to see what they are or if they are working that terrifies flies.

Then all the sudden the bags are gone. People realize they do nothing. Even see flies on bags. Few years later it starts again. Some restaurant hangs bags....

If you fill plastic milk jugs with water, put one at each corner of yard, dogs will not do their bizness on yard. Lady down the street did it, said some friend told her about it, so she did it. Said that since she put um out not one dog had messed her yard. I asked if that had been a problem before, she looked at me for a while with her mouth open like she was gonna say somethin. Next day jugs were gone.

Latest posts

Back