Tap a new Circuit

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallMeVilla

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this approach to creating a new circuit?

WIRING.jpg

Bare black conductor sticking out of blue wire nut.

Shouldn't the red wire wrap around the screw in the opposite direction, so when you tighten it, the wire stays on the screw?

I think the installer was trying for a Darwin Award...:rolleyes:

I'm surprised if that works, is that a wood screw? One of the worst I've ever seen.

Everyone knows you just stick the red wire in beside the big black wire. They must have not had a big tool handy to loosen the screw.

Not the first time I have seen pictures like this. The first one I saw was at the weather head out of a window to steal power to grow plants.

I had a neighbor that I was riding my bike past his house and he was on the roof messing around and I asked him if he needed help. I look up and he has auto jumper cables running from the weather head into an open window. I kind of asked what he was doing and he said his power was accidently turned off and the power company directed him to do this until they could come out. I knew what was up but kept my mouth shut and told him be careful don’t get shocked. It was like that about a week when I saw the state police and the power company pull in his driveway and he went away for a ride with them. I always thought he thought I blew him in and I was very tempted if there would have been anyone in the house except him I would have.

Around here with underground feed from road, they break the foundation in the basement, cut into conduit and tap into live feed.:hide:

Back