Planning on buying an house with some "cosmetic" damage!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiek

Reaction score
Heh, aint this nice---sure does seem like a trap.

The house is government owned and such; it all seems perfect but theres a few things thats missing from the outside view...

From the inspection report I see that it is missing the soffit on the roof, which I assume is not a big deal (go to home depot, buy some new ones and put on.)

But the thing I'm worried about is theres some "Damaged" Fascia around the roof area..

I was wondering how much would it would be to fix these and possible cost?

Could it be fixed by one person? I'm just a 19yr old kid who wouldn't mind doing some DIY. I've done other misc stuff before like this. But I would like a professional opinion!!

In my opinion this is the only *MAJOR* thing that is stopping me from recomonding to my parents to purchase this house.

img0132vx.jpg

img0131g.jpg

img0130so.jpg

img0138jh.jpg

Also, are painted over soffits a huge issue?

Wow that is some serious renovation if ever you will decided to purchase it. Particularly the roof and paint of the house.

yeah, soffits, facia, rot, trim, stucco work, paint and my guess is you need a new roof too. That's just 4 pictures worth of opinion. I would wonder what else needs to be repaired if the exterior is in such neglect. It may be priced right and if you are up to learning or can pay to have the work done then it could be a decent investment if its in a great neighborhood.

There are a lot of houses on the market right now, if you aren't up for a challenge I would keep looking. If you are in love with the place get a good, thorough, home inspection. The inspector may give you some ideas as to ballpark costs.

I would agree with HandyGuys, the house looks like it needs some serious exterior work done, but if your up for the project go for it. You may also have a million bug types living up in there jk lol. Good luck with your decision!

Latest posts

Back