Kitchen Cabinet Hinges

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhav

Reaction score
I just bought a house that was built in the 40's and the previous owner apparently didn't like the kitchen cabinet doors so she took them off. The hinges are nowhere to be found. I bought new hinges for them and they make the doors not fit. It looks like the inset is 7/16" instead of 3/8". Is there a store that would carry hinges that don't comply with modern standard sizes?

The reach I guess. The hinges cause the door to be too wide for the opening.

3/8 was the standard on the old ones too. Cutting the doors to fit again may be your onely hope. Have the doors been painted a few times?

The reach I guess. The hinges cause the door to be too wide for the opening.

I don't understand how the inset of the hinge would make the doors to wide.Can you post a pic?There are many different overlays you can buy.I'm guessing this is your problem in place if the inset.

She took the doors off, but left them behind for you? Could be that's why she took them off in the first place-they may have been sized wrong from jump street. Do they fit properly without the hinges attached?

Back