Sears power washer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtaylor15

Reaction score
I am lucky enough to have a Sears 2700cc power washer model 580-752060, recently, 1 year ago, the power hose attached crossed threaded the outlet of the washer, took it to sears and they replaced, did not use until now, and here is my problem and question. When the unit is running, starts fine, but no pressure, took to neighbor's outside facuet and same results. With hose on, pressing the trigger water will come out, when the unit is running, water stops flowing out of the wand, and the relief valve will blow out HOT water from under the unit. I assume the pump is now bad, has anyone replaced a pump on this unit, Sears is about 89.00 labor and looks like 165.00 + for parts, almost the cost of another unit. Any information input is appreciated. Dennis

Don't understand how you got to a bad pump, unless I missed something, Sounds more like a blockage in the wond or a bad pressure release valve. Do you have an inline screen that got plugged when they worked on it.
And welcome to the site.

I pulled out the screen and it is clean, I can blow air/water thru the wand, and the hose will allow water to pass thru it, until the unit runs, then no water from the wand, not high pressure water or facuet pressure water. With the unit not running, it will squirt water out thru the hose and wand, until the unit runs, then nothing. There is a relief valve on the underside, and after a few minutes, it will dump water, hot water out of the bottom spout. The shaft of the motor into the pump is spinning, so not sure if the issue is the upper piece or the lower piece of the assembly.

Or , did the unit get frozen at some point over the winter in storage?
May have broken something.

I also have the same power washer and was power washing my Drive way one day ..left it running while I moved my car ..about a minute ...when I cam back it was shooting water out the side of the pump near what I believed could be a gasket... is it possible or could it have blown a hole in the side of pump... it seems to be a seam and possible a gasket that just blew... ever hear of this ??? ... thanks Frank

Gasket got old & brittle and blew?
If so you'll need a torque wrench and bolt tightening specs to fix this.

disconnect the hose from the pump and see if you get water out of the outlet under pressure, if you do, reconnect the hose and disconnect the wand from the hose and repeat. I f you get water under pressure, then the problem is in the wand. If you don't get pressurized water from the hose then the problem is obviously the hose, which may be
delaminating inside and causing a blockage

I had a similar problem with mine. Not the same model but I had a pebble that somehow got into my pump and would float around and keep the machine from building pressure and then would jam and stop water completely. I was going to toss the unit but decided to pull apart the pump first to see how it worked. Low and behold a five minute fix.

Latest posts

Back