Floor Truss Goof

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been over two years and the floor is still stiff and strong! Post the pics I'd like to see them.

Here are the photos. You can see that there are a lot of obstructions that the installers had to work around.

My problem was that the floor trusses were deflected quite significantly (1.5" over 8 ft.). Several of the metal connector plates were failing (peeling off) and at least one of the trusses was cracked.

The engineering firm for my condo designed the fix. Unfortunately, the condo board was not willing to jack-up the floor before the gussets were applied, so the floor is still out of level. Now, I am searching for some way to level the floor that does not involve jacking it up (which would appear to be out of the question now).

August 2012 091.jpg

August 2012 092.jpg

August 2012 093.jpg

August 2012 094.jpg

Dave; this is what happens when all the drywall for the home is piled in one pile on the floor. Btw duct tape is good for many things but not for duct work, they make a tape just for that.

Latest posts

Back