Hello from Jersey!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moviewithnotitle

Reaction score
Hi all,
New to the forum. Joined because we are just about to close on an older home and this looks like a great place to get help, advices and ideas as we look to do renovations and updates. Hopefully I'll be able to add to the great content here as well.

- Kevin

Hi

am from Jersey too and an absolute new guy on the forum.

Hoping to learn from the experts here and contribute my bit.

I have been looking and there are loads of helpful folks here. So, welcome and enjoy.

Hey kevin,

Why "Dirty Jersey"? You need to explore a little...

I don't mean it in a derogatory way, it's more like a term of endearment! LOL. I have lived here all my life, (37yrs) and know nearly every corner of the state(literally). I love Jersey, we basically have everything!

Very cool. I grew up in Brooklyn, moved to NJ in my twenty's when I married (long time, now).
I am still amazed how beautiful parts of this state are. What you see from the Turnpike or looking out from NY is not what most of NJ looks like. But you know that.

I take humor in the stereotypes, mainly because of what you said. What you see in the NJTpke is just our industrial side.
My favorite spots;
Avalon, NJ to Cape May (any beach)
Lake Hopatcong (and surrounding area) (we do a lot of boating)
Ramapo Mtns (hiking and wilderness)

Here is a pic of a NJ sunrise from 2 weeks ago when I had to head down to my family's beach house for some service work. This was about 6am on the GSP near exit 98 (Pt Plesant).

IMAG0332.jpg

hi jersey...

Last edited:
Back