What are your winter jobs?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
Winter is beginning to set in here. That means many of my outdoor projects will be waiting till the spring.

That doesn't mean I have no projects.

My list:

Replace missing linoleum tiles in the basement.
Install ceramic tiles for fireplace then have gas fitter reinstall gas fireplace.
Finish building window box in bedroom. Then install trim. Then paint room.
Install heat diverter for dryer vent. Shorten dryer vent hose.
Remove paint drips from floors
Replace hardware on lower cabinets in kitchen.
Repair hole in bathroom wall.
Paint under sink in basement

... That does not include the maintenance and repair of my toys.

So, what are your winter jobs you will be tackling?

We have been in our house 4 years and the first year was gut and rebuild summer and winter and in the rush I skimmed over some stuff. One wall in the kitchen never got finished as I plan on building floor to ceiling cabinets with an entertainment feature built in flush. We redid the upstairs except the guest bedroom/ junk room. That is getting done before Christmas as we might have company. The previous owner made concrete bird baths and lawn art in the basement. He poured a truck load of sand in the window and used about half. There is also a concrete mixer down there that wont fit up the stairs. I have been bringing sand up every time I need some in 5 gallon buckets and it has been my winter project the last two years to haul it out and one that is easy to say I’ll get to that tomorrow. Those are my 3, on my first winter of retirement.

I installed a fireplace in my shop, also looking at putting in an electric or propane heater. I have enough automotive hobbies to keep me busy for a lifetime. I have an 06 charger sitting next to a really built Hemi motor that needs it put in and also starting the work on a 73 Travelall with a cummins in it. Other than that I have about 8 tractors to restore.

20171113_161738.jpg

20171004_193733.jpg

Last edited:
Building a computer desk,with drawers and storage .Building a kitchen table that will actually fit into the kitchen. and then what ever pops up.

Building a computer desk,with drawers and storage .Building a kitchen table that will actually fit into the kitchen. and then what ever pops up.

Years ago I found a chart that you plugged in the measurements and it gave you the table size. I made a few tables for people with tight spaces and it worked out well.

We have been in our house 4 years and the first year was gut and rebuild summer and winter and in the rush I skimmed over some stuff. One wall in the kitchen never got finished as I plan on building floor to ceiling cabinets with an entertainment feature built in flush. We redid the upstairs except the guest bedroom/ junk room. That is getting done before Christmas as we might have company. The previous owner made concrete bird baths and lawn art in the basement. He poured a truck load of sand in the window and used about half. There is also a concrete mixer down there that wont fit up the stairs. I have been bringing sand up every time I need some in 5 gallon buckets and it has been my winter project the last two years to haul it out and one that is easy to say I’ll get to that tomorrow. Those are my 3, on my first winter of retirement.

Sounds like a good excuse to get a set of oxy acetylene torches. Cut it up and take it out in pieces.

Latest posts

Back