Whats this old house?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusticparadise

Reaction score
I recently moved to a 1897 folk victorian/ cottage/ cape/ gothic..... ive spoken to a few architects and all have not really been able to identify our home as it was a side gable front with rear extenting back from its humble beginings in Hollister California and between the 1970s-1990s it had 2 long shed style additions built on both side of the home......while i do appreciate the extra rooms....the home has lost its character which im trying to regain some of it back with time..... i really like the arts and crafts style/ bunglaow style but really what im trying to avoid is have a house which can be graced in the pages of the book called "What not to build".....id post a picture but im new here and have to learn how to load pictures.....

Last edited:
Welcome to House Repair Talk!

Attaching pics is easy, are you using desktop, laptop, smart phone, tablet?

If you're using an android system, click on the three bars near the bottom. It should allow you to bring up a menu..

here is a small picture....hard to see...ill have to figure out how to blow it up later....anyhow as you can see.....its original siding has been removed and tongue and groove vertical boards are now in place...this is how we got it.... as stated before I am liking arts and crafts/bungalow style....this house needs love

rus.png

I did the blowup .... I cannot see any architectural motif that makes sense. All outside architectural history seems lost

DIY HOUSE.jpg

Latest posts

Back