Tornado Recovery

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a lot done yestersday (Saturday). Couple more hours and the woodwork will be done. Then fill nail holes & put a finish on it, call it done.

foyer window 2 18 18.jpg

Oh wow!! That is absolutely gorgeous! I love it. I hope you don't mind, I'm pinning it to my doors & windows board on Pinterest.

Okay already. you are just making the rest us look bad..:thbup:

Thanks Neal it's a long time coming. We've been in the house addition since 2002. This is a procrastinated punch list project.:trophy:

Oh wow!! That is absolutely gorgeous! I love it. I hope you don't mind, I'm pinning it to my doors & windows board on Pinterest.

Thanks Zanne. I'm so close to the end I can almost taste it.

Got the last pieces installed today, nail holes filled, top coat is drying. Tomorrow I'll wire the outlet and hopefully get the half wall caps done. Then pull the scaffolding boards out and finish the half wall baseboards. Got some flower pots and artificial flowers coming from amazon tomorrow, that will be the final touch for this project. Oh, and clean up, can't forget clean up. There's a coat of dust on just about everything in the house.

foyer window 2 19 18 1.jpg

foyer window 2 19 18 2.jpg

foyer window 2 19 18 3.jpg

Last edited:
I know how the procrastination goes. I've been procrastinating on my bathroom reno since 2008 and I think I started the idea of redoing the laundry room and guest bath in 2012.

I'm so glad that you finally got this far and that it's almost finished. It looks fantastic!

Thanks zannej. Got er done, complete with genuine plastic flowers. :trophy:

Foyer wall final 1.jpg

Foyer wall final 2a.jpg

Foyer wall final 3.jpg

Services are Sunday at 10:00. Casual and I hear there's breakfast if you get there early. I like my eggs sunny side up and bacon crisp please...[emoji6]

Sorry, Mickey D's sausage and hot cakes is all we have.

Oh wow! That looks beautiful! Plastic flowers are actually a nice touch. No worrying about dirt falling from real ones.
If you've ever used Houzz, you should post the pictures there to show your progress and the finished design. It would probably be popular there.

Oh wow! That looks beautiful! Plastic flowers are actually a nice touch. No worrying about dirt falling from real ones.
If you've ever used Houzz, you should post the pictures there to show your progress and the finished design. It would probably be popular there.

Thanks zannej.

Thought I'd drop this in here, since it's sort of a combination of tornado recovery/cleanup and a little upgrading. Replaced the sink & faucet, added some cabinets for extra storage and a few other odds & ends. Shop washroom.

Nice! I wish I was being more productive these days. Although, I'm not productive most days. LOL. But my thyroid meds seem to be working a bit better so I'm staying awake longer. I look forward to more pictures from you. Keep up the good work!

We got the necessary repairs taken care of after the tornado and then sort of fell into a procrastination mode ourselves. But this winter I got a second wind and have been knocking out a few projects. Gotta' see how long I can keep it up, before the procrastination bug bites again. It's hard to get back at it once I stop.

Back