Tips for painting my walls

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house doctor

Reaction score
I'm looking to paint my walls and realized that there are many different techniques!! :eek:

What would be the differene between using a sponge, coarse rollers, napped rollers and patterned walls? I would like to keep the job simple and yet have a professional appeal. Please advise! Thanks!

have you thought of taping up the walls and doing some smart stripes? it's easy to do and it looks very professional
Beverly

I think you may be confusing technigue with what look you are trying to achieve. All the things you have mentioned are different items that achieve a different look. What is it you want ? All painters have thier own technique of achieving those looks. For example I can tell one guys sponging from another by thier different techigues each one uses.
John

house doctor, just looking for painted walls? Latex paint, 2" brush for cutting in the ceiling, mop board, windows, doors, switches and outlets, 9" roller with a 3/8" cover. Two coats are better than 1. Have fun, Mick.

There are various techniques for painting walls. I think you should paint your walls by using roller. The main benefit of painting by roller is the speed of application and versatility.

The most effective method of painting with a roller is to paint 2-or 3-square-foot areas at a time. Roll the paint on in a zigzag pattern without lifting the roller from the wall, as if you're painting a large M, W, or backward N. Then, still without lifting the roller, fill in the blanks of the letters with more horizonta

I would try every technique until I found one I liked. Each will look slightly different

Back