water heater/washing machine

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justwondering

Reaction score
I have a water heater in the garage next to the kitchen and a washing machine and bathrooms at the other end of the house. We have copper pipes and are on a cement slab foundation. The showers we are used to waiting for the hot water but it is hard to get a hot water load in the washing machine. Any ideas?

Turn on in bathroom until you get hot water there and then it won't take long to get it to the washing machine

I have a water heater in the garage next to the kitchen and a washing machine and bathrooms at the other end of the house. We have copper pipes and are on a cement slab foundation. The showers we are used to waiting for the hot water but it is hard to get a hot water load in the washing machine. Any ideas?
I would think that the amount of water you waste, that if it were me a would see about putting another heater in the other end of the house.
Do you live in a cold area? you could also run a return line from end of the house back to heater and install a small cir. pump and have all lines insulated to
hold the heat in them. Paul

Install a Laing Autocirc at the last fixture on the line.
And insulate the pipes.

Why do you need hot water to wash clothes? 58 years and never once used the hot water for clothes washing.
They will get just as clean. Look on the tags on you clothes and see what it says, the most it will say is luke warm.

Latest posts

Back