Sanding hardwood plywood

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we all like pictures here so I wanted to send a final one of the bookcase in its final resting place. Let me tell you, this thing was heavy. It is 82"x34"x14". 3/4 birch ply with select pine face frame and molding. ImageUploadedByHome Repair1391949637.109094.jpgImageUploadedByHome Repair1391949665.627832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Thank you

Very nice. It looks good in its new home.

Sign your name and date on the back? I would it’s something to be proud of and will be around for a very long time. I can hear people saying they don’t make em like that anymore.

Never forget foam and poly don’t mix. I know I never will.

I would add another hingestop to the door and put lock nuts on them as they wiggle loose over time.

Bud - thanks very much. I actually bought one of those electric branding irons and stamp my name and date on the back of everything I make. I figure 50 years from now nobody will remember where it came from. The brand will remind them.

Neal - probably a smart idea. Thanks.

Neal - probably a smart idea. Thanks.

I learned the hard way. After one wiggled loose a the door knob went thru the wall, I put a lock nut on it. The same kid then hit the door had again and the stopper just broke. Fix wall again!:(

Back