PTrap Clogging Ideas

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TxBuilder

My washing machine's drain pipe has the Ptrap in the foundation (cement) and there is a clog in it.

Plumber tried a snake but couldn't get it to feed in, he tried snaking through the kitchen line, nada, no help.

He just tried acid and wants it to sit overnight. He suggested maybe I try a blow bag but didn't think it would work.

Is the blow bag worth it? If not any other suggestions besides dig out the P trap.

If the blow bag does not work...use the largest shop vac you can find....it works.:D
Then its all compressed air from there.;)

Hey TX:
The main cause of obstruction in a washer drain is lint, maybe with some hair and detergent residue in it. I don't know which acid your plumber used butLiquid Fireor MaryWar Lye (granules)will eat almost anything that can possibly be in the drain. A word of caution though, the acids for drains are a key ingredient for Methamfetimene; its not a good idea to have much of it stored around the house. If your drain is made of galvanized pipe, it doesn't take but 3 or 4 acid applications until the bottom of the pipe is eaten up; it works best in the plastics (PVC or ABS).
Glenn

Back