Cleaning mold in window sill/track-using concrobium

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhp8982

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, if I'm wanting to use this to clean some mold off of a few windows in my house, is spraying it on the mold first, before cleaning it, good enough to kill the mold? I would then after cleaning, spray another coat on it as the protective layer.

Also, when using these products to clean these windows, I'm fine with wearing the goggles, mask and gloves, but do I need to section off each room as I clean the windows? Throw away clothes? Clean everything in the rooms? Especially like in my sons room or kitchen? I know the concrobium is fine, but I'm nervous about the mold spores spreading all throughout the house.

Then, what about my son? He's 4 1/2. Should I clean it without him in the house? I'll have protective gear on but he won't obviously.. I won't have him right next to me either. But it makes me nervous. I could take him to my moms for a couple hours while I do it probably if I had to.

Are all of those ideas just overboard? I've been reassured that typically mold on window sills is not the most dangerous toxic kind, so that's good. And i'm wondering, since many years ago, we didn't have the ability to remove moisture from the air as well and in older houses mold was probably very common. I'm sure media has scared people like with lots of things.

And I will add, our house is 20 years old, we have had no other mold issues, besides a minor one after a leak in our toilet. But we replaced the whole floor in there because we needed new tiles anyway. So I'm sure it's just from the condensation in the windows, the cold air on one side meeting the warm air on the other. And we have blinds up.. so I often (admittedly) forget to clean behind them in the winter when they are closed all the time.

So anyway, I just want to get it cleaned. Any tips on how to do it properly and safely, but not go overboard either. And I want to avoid bleach!

Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back