Couldn't sleep, so I dropped by

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akradar

Reaction score
G'morning to you all, like the title says...a little insomnia. Never posted to the site before, and it felt like a good time to do that. It's winter in Alaska, and about 30 below outside right now. I did surf the site a bit and found the cool free stuff from the sites PaPaDan pointed to. Thanks! I'm looking forward to bouncing ideas off you all. I'm no expert but I hope everything you all learned from trial and error will be helpful. Hmm...coffee should be ready.....BTW, pointy end of the nail goes IN, right?:)

Well Hello to Akradar in Alaska and Welcome to the forum!
The best part is that it's open 24/7 :D

Hello Maryland, how's things there? I don't miss that D.C. loop on weekday mornings.....

I was in Kenia, Alaska last year in July for the kings...I miss it bad. Loved the 22 hrs of daylight. My buddies who live up there say the winters are dark, and if you are on the north slope watch for the polar bears...:eek:
Their motto is...eat when your hungry, and drink till you sleep.;) I followed it to the letter.
Check out my small halibut catch in the gallery,largest one was 80 lbs. No nurses...man did I want one of those. Did get a shark that bite through the steel leader!!

Can you tell I miss it?!!
See ya around.

I picked up some monster arctic grayling here last year, we're talkin' 14 inches and as big around as your forearm. Come visit, and bring a fly rod.

Latest posts

Back