How to find a professional cabinet painter

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m2244

Reaction score
Hello,

I know that this is a DIY forum but I have a question about hiring someone to paint cabinets that I made for our kitchen remodel.

I am thinking that I want someone who really knows what they are doing to paint our kitchen cabinets since I know nothing about it and I would rather pay a professional ensuring a high quality finish.

My questions are:

1. What sort of a price range am I looking at here?
2. How do I go about finding a reputable painter with experience in cabinet/furniture finishing?
3. What questions should I ask a potential painter?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest going to your local paint store, Sherman Williams/Porter Paint, and ask to talk to the mgr. Ask him who he would refer for your project. I would stay away from the big box (orange and blue stores) for this.

I would suggest going to your local paint store, Sherman Williams/Porter Paint, and ask to talk to the mgr. Ask him who he would refer for your project. I would stay away from the big box (orange and blue stores) for this.

Good idea. I know a paint store owner fairly well. I should have thought of that. Thanks.

Hey! I am also looking for a professional cabinet painter. I want to remodel my kitchen and want to give a great look to my home.

And be sure to send us a picture of your jaw dropping when he or she tells you the price.
There's a lot of prep work in painting cabinets, and time is money.
You may lose the use of the cabinets for up to a week, are you ready for that.
There may be other options such as replace the doors and drawer faces and just do the boxes with laminite or paint.
There's lots of companys around that do nothing but cabinet refacing, check the yellow pages.

And be sure to send us a picture of your jaw dropping when he or she tells you the price.
There's a lot of prep work in painting cabinets, and time is money.
You may lose the use of the cabinets for up to a week, are you ready for that.
There may be other options such as replace the doors and drawer faces and just do the boxes with laminite or paint.
There's lots of companys around that do nothing but cabinet refacing, check the yellow pages.

Fortunately we are in a position where we do not need to worry too much about price. There should not be too much prep work as they will be freshly built, clean cabinets.

Latest posts

Back