Wall base moulding

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYNana

Reaction score
I am replacing the wall base mouldings but only finding the 3 1/4". What I have in adjoining rooms is a 2 1/4" and would like to stay with that heighth even if not the exact profile. Imagine I can buy, stain and protect unfinished product but this will prolong the project. Just wanting to get some options if there is any other. Going through Home Depot and they offer few options and can't ask the contractor as of yet.

Last edited:
Easy. Depending on the profile at the bottom of the base, yu have some options:

1. Trim the readily available base by running it through a table saw. This is a bit radical but works.
2. Get out of HD and check with trim & molding shops. Their options might be better.
3. HD can check with their suppliers to see if your exact base is available through them on a special order.

Good luck! :D

If you do find a contractor that would tell, he will have a supplier that has better choices and better prices but it might be wholesale only.

Thanks for the replies. Probably will have to think outside the (retail) box. May go with a paint on them as I have lighter wood casing on windows and half wall in proximity. This would solve one problem. Now to widen my search:D

Back