Anyone used Hightech Dormer people?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apsinkus

Reaction score
So my realtor mentioned to me these guys http://hightechdormer.com when I talked to her about possibly redoing the dormer in the house we are buying, so we can fit the whole bath. Apparently she had couple of clients who used these guys. They somehow cut off the dormer, raise it and frame it in, instead of tearing it apart and etc.
It might be a solution to my issue of putting in a bathroom in the existing dormer. If I get another 2 feet in ceiling height, I will be happy camper than. Both I and my wife are over 6' (I am 6'5"), so existing ceiling height won't do.

Are you under contract on the house? If not I would keep looking. Its a buyers market in most places. It seems like a lot of trouble and expense to raise a roof like that. If you are under contract, and you really want to raise things up, I would have these guys quote you a finished job and then get two or three additional estimates from design/build type construction firms.

Back