Fiction

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch Brad Meltzer's Decoded on History. It's an interesting show.

Any of the new folks want to weigh in? I'm looking for a new book.

Ayn Rand. If you haven't read "Atlas Shrugged" you should, especially considering the situation we have now in government at all levels. It seems less like fiction with each passing day.

Ayn Rand. If you haven't read "Atlas Shrugged" you should, especially considering the situation we have now in government at all levels. It seems less like fiction with each passing day.

I've tried to read it a couple of times. It's to dry for me. I will try again. My friend wants to debate it with me and I keep saying I'll get around to it, then I don't.

I've tried to read it a couple of times. It's to dry for me. I will try again. My friend wants to debate it with me and I keep saying I'll get around to it, then I don't.
I tried that, nobody debates it. They either think that it's the new world order and your stupid or they think it trash and your stupid, there,s no descussion unless you just agree with the guy talking.

I would say that's true about most political and religious stand points.

I don't discuss it things like that in mixed company. I prefer to stay friends with people.

A freind lent me the book, some guy at the mall saw it in my car and started on me, when I got home the guy next door saw the book in my hand and he started in in me from the other side. I gave the book back and never read it.

“Muoth was right. On growing old, one becomes more contented than in one's youth, which I will not therefore revile, for in all my dreams I hear my youth like a wonderful song which now sounds more harmonious than it did in reality, and even sweeter”

Hesse

The fish gets bigger the older I get. Being human is pretty awesome.

What are you guys reading now?

How to cut bait and like it...:D

Actually just started A brief history of American empire by Zinn....starts out in the old days....;)...but seams to resonate today.

No Way Down
life and death on K2 (non-fiction)

High altitude mountaineers, while their feats are impressive, also remind me of junkies mesmerized by the craving for the next great fix. Quite a few push their luck until it evaporates and they pay the price.

I'll see if I can find those two at the library.

The K2 book is decent, but a better book on mountaineering disaster is "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. It covers the 1996 Everest fiasco.

I didn't even know there was a fiasco. I'm not big on mountaineering, I'm more of a flat lander.

Back