What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, they are pretty simple systems. Every fire system has a backflow device (we call them RPDA (Reduced pressure detection device) or DCDA (Double Check Detector assy) basically the same thing, one has one check valve and one has two. The RPDA has a blow off device to relieve pressure on the private side.. Then you have a PIV which is an isolation valve the shuts the system down so the a fire pumper truck can fill the system from an FDC (Fire Dept Connection) (those 2.5" capped openings you see on buildings) The valve gets shut and the pumper truck takes water from a hydrant and pumps the pressure up and fills the fire system to make the sprinklers work at maximum efficiency. From the FDC it goes into the building through another check valve and then onto the ceiling. Hope this makes sense? These systems are a big part of what we do for a living.

Fire System 101 test next Tuesday Morning at 8am Pacific standard time.

rescued a dog some low down son of a biscuit eater dropped her off
out in the middle of nowhere.

The news bugged me tonight. There was a man shot during a protest in NC, not by a cop but by another protester. The news kept saying that the police were at fault because they escalated and were mean (not in those words but kept repeating how the police are what made the situation worse for being there) Somehow it is the polices fault for showing up to a bunch of people jumping on cars and lighting things on fire.

Them idiots use any excuse possible just to get free crap at WalMart. I for one am tired of it.

I got the official letter that I am being sued for a lady tripping over one of my steel plates covering a trench. Now she has a soar shoulder and knee. I asked if she was paying attention to where she was walking and looking where she was going and the response I got from the lawyer is that their client was taught to hold her head high and be proud when she walked. I can't believe people can sue for this? They won't if she fell down or not and the date and time that this injury happened was exactly when I personally was in the same location meeting with an inspector. Nobody fell that day.

I got the official letter that I am being sued for a lady tripping over one of my steel plates covering a trench. Now she has a soar shoulder and knee. I asked if she was paying attention to where she was walking and looking where she was going and the response I got from the lawyer is that their client was taught to hold her head high and be proud when she walked. I can't believe people can sue for this? They won't if she fell down or not and the date and time that this injury happened was exactly when I personally was in the same location meeting with an inspector. Nobody fell that day.

hire a PI to follow her to the grocery store, video her pushing a cart and loading her car..extra bonus if you catch her at the gym working out

You can be sued for ANYTHING, legit or not. They're hoping you'd settle to avoid the legal fees. Fighting this will cost more than the award. Your insurance company will probably settle, just or not...just saying.

This country has just gone to s#!t. Since this is not a political section, I will just shut up.

Chris, people sue over the dumbest things.

Frodo, I couldn't see the picture of your new doggie. I hate when people dump their dogs. All of mine were ones that were dumped and we rescued them (well, one was dumped and decided to enter our yard and stay).

My poor rottweiler isn't doing very well. I noticed there were lumps growing back around where she had her previous tumor removed. I checked her leg and found that there are lumps spread all over that leg on the inside of the leg and back and front. She also has at least one lump on her other back leg. The vet said the biopsy showed it to be an extremely aggressive form of cancer. He said that it probably wouldn't be worth it to try to cut them off because they would likely grow back and it would just make her suffer. So, for now all I can do is give her meds 3x a day to try to slow the tumor growth and keep her as comfortable as possible. It is looking like we will eventually have to get her put down if she starts to suffer too much, but I'm hoping that won't be for awhile now. My last couple of pets that had cancer just died on their own. This dog is the 5th pet of mine to get cancer in the last 9 years.

The dog is having some trouble walking already. Her back legs are weak. My brother's stupid mutt knocked her over earlier and she got her back legs tangled up and couldn't get back up. I had to pick her up and untangle her legs and set her in the house. She was able to limp over to her bed and flop down.

I hate cancer.

Today we had my daughters fourth birthday party. Smoked five tri tips and two pork shoulders. Taught my young nephew how to drive a backhoe. Good times with all.

I am at a wedding where I know absolutely no one and I can't find any booze.

Latest posts

Back