Gutters or No Gutters...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slingxshot

Reaction score
Hello,

So I need to make a decision. My house doesn't have gutters. The contractor who flipped the house, never installed them.

I installed new concrete patio on the backyard. I noticed that is black staining line coming from the rain water (roof).

Is there a way to clean this asphalt stain on concrete? I tried power washing but it doesn't fully remove it.

If not then I might have to get gutters.

Thanks!

My house and many houses around here don't have eavestroughs because of the heavy snow and nice.

If you don't have gutter you have to as i do and put poly around your house, otherwise the water will come right down in your basement. Is it wet now?

Generally yes everyone should put eavestroughs on their house, without it can lead to serious damage.

I agree. Agree, everyone can benefit from gutters. If you are in an area with heavy snow and Ice, they make heated gutter guards designed to prevent those such things. Also, if you have a lot of tree, this help keep the b=debris out year long.

Greg

Also you don't want to allow water to drip from roof edges down onto concrete directly below! It will erode the "buttered" top surface off of your concrete. :hide:

Latest posts

Back