variable speed motor on york heater is defective

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know i am a heating dealer and right now i sell Goodman equipment. It is very interesting reading these post. I would never sell a unit that has motors with boards like you guys are talking. I cant believe the pricing you were talking about. I sell 95percent
furnace, but if they told me that it had a $1,000.00 motor in it then i would dump that brand in a flash. I am glad i am getting close to retirement. I don't like the fact that i am dealing with new refrigerant that has twice as mush pressure as the old R22.
Thats why i won't sell heat pumps. The gov. said we had to go to the new refrigerant, but the industry has not built valves that can work well with it. so a lot of people have trouble with there units. There is so much going on today and most of it relates to the industry can not keep up with EPA and Gov. demands. Not proper time to test products. Later Paul

wow, i guess im about 4 years late with this reply ;-p... im glad my post has helped out some of you and thanks for the replies i actually still have the old motor and control circuit and now i know what part to buy to fix it so i can have it as a spare :). Luckily the motor i spend $1000 on is still running fine, i wish i knew about that part number earlier but what can you do, you live and you learn its good to see this info has helped others save some money :)

Latest posts

Back