Sealing and waterproofing cinder block cold storage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew143

Reaction score
Hello,
This will be my first post as i've just purchased my first home and need some advice.

I have a cold storage under the front steps of my new house. I'd like to get rid of it as the cinder block above ground is falling apart and we'd like to have a deck instead. The cold storage is about 1.5ft above the basement floor. I know that i'll need some cinder block to build up the entry into the cold storage but i'm not exactly sure how to waterproof the exterior of the new cinder block wall. I did as much searching as I could with google and found that using some kind of rubberized membrane like Bakor Aqua-Bloc would do the job. Can someone confirm that i'm on the right track or should I really seek the assistance of a pro?

Thanks,
-Andrew

Yes. Sorry that's what I meant to say. I will be closing the hole in the foundation wall.

Hello Andrew:
Then the information you got from google is sufficient if the material is available to you.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn.

Should I be digging all the way down to the weeping tile?

Back