tile over speed bumps?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJNServices

Reaction score
I've been doing a remodel job on an old ranch house that was built by and added to by whoever owned it at the time. Lucky me! They had good intentions and spared no exspence... on beer.
One thing I just hate is. A cement slab that makes you almost feel drunk! Now the joys of trying to set a desent tile job is well...bogged down with mud.
What is the easiest, fastest way/product to float out some of the uglies so I can have fun again?

SJNServices said:
I've been doing a remodel job on an old ranch house that was built by and added to by whoever owned it at the time. Lucky me! They had good intentions and spared no exspence... on beer.
One thing I just hate is. A cement slab that makes you almost feel drunk! Now the joys of trying to set a desent tile job is well...bogged down with mud.
What is the easiest, fastest way/product to float out some of the uglies so I can have fun again?

?...beer?..drunk...?...fun...
The easiest way to set tile it to leave these 3 things for when your done tiling....lol

Post some pics so we can get a better understanding on your slab.

I put lino down on a basement floor like that one time, I used to trip over the hump in the hallway.

The floor is close to done now and the customer is very happy with it. He had a lot of thinset so I just used it to float out the crazy spots.
My question is has anyone used a certain product or process that made things easier? I do have a number of years under my belt and do good work.
May be that I am lookin for some black magic ooga booga voodoo stick but hey, if you ask you learn. So I ask! :)

Thinset is just that, thin set! It shouldn't be used to level a floor. You should have preproduction the floor prior to tiling or used a medium bed mortar.

tilemandan said:
Thinset is just that, thin set! It shouldn't be used to level a floor. You should have preped the floor prior to tiling or used a medium bed mortar.

Sorry sand auto fill, you should have prep'd the floor prion to install

Latest posts

Back