Bathroom light flickering

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

havasu

I installed this bathroom light last year, but lately one of the LED lights was flickering whenever there was a wall vibration.

Assuming it was a loose wire leading to an individual sconce, I pulled the light from the wall. I noticed all three blacks and all 3 white wires lead into one black and one white wire, along with the ground, so it can be connected. Everything was tight, so while it was down, I gave it a good cleaning, washed the glass, put it all back together, and one bulb flickered still.

I then noticed that I had a bad LED bulb. I was told that LED bulbs either work or don't work, but I was wrong.

Morale of the story is check the easy things first! :hide:

bed5040f-d238-44e9-a02c-5083dd84eb52_1000.jpg

I installed this bathroom light last year, but lately one of the LED lights was flickering whenever there was a wall vibration.

Assuming it was a loose wire leading to an individual sconce, I pulled the light from the wall. I noticed all three blacks and all 3 white wires lead into one black and one white wire, along with the ground, so it can be connected. Everything was tight, so while it was down, I gave it a good cleaning, washed the glass, put it all back together, and one bulb flickered still.

I then noticed that I had a bad LED bulb. I was told that LED bulbs either work or don't work, but I was wrong.

Morale of the story is check the easy things first! :hide:

It's always a good idea to check bulbs first and if it is still good check the tab at the bottom of the socket.

Back