Bedroom furnature placement. Need advice ???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acs108

Reaction score
Hi this is my bedroom at the moment http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/acs1088/roomlayout.jpg. I need to move the furnature in order to make more room to move, and make the place look better. I was in search of any suggestions on where to place the items. (It is a sunroom, and the two sides where it sais windows, are basically windows from the floor to the roof. I do like having light from them as this livens up the room up dramatically. Also in the picture I have under estimated the size of things, and there is less floor room (not by much) than I have actually put there. The door at the bottom opens up onto a terrace. Please take a look, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What's a pianola? Does that cupboard sit in front of the windows ? What's it's dimensions ? And how high off the floor is the cupboard that goes into the wall ? I don't see much room for improvement. Maybe too many items in a crowded room....

Thanks for your reply. Uh a pianola is an old "semi automatic piano" if that makes sense. You push pedals which drives a scroll via air, which in turn pushed the keys down. Unfortuately I cannot get rid of it haha:(, and it is rather big and heavy. Anyway, the cupboard that goes off the wall is inbuilt, so there is no problem there. The wardrobe cupboard is about 75 cm out, by 1.5 m across. I'm not sure how tall it is but that doesnt matter.

Anyone else. I need advice :(??????? It looks soooo cluttered at the moment, and I cannot get rid of anything. It is because of the layout. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply, I got it sorted now. I was wondering however, where the best place to put speakers would be. I have recently gone out and brought 2 vintage national speakers (really big haha). I was going to put this with my stereo, and turntable. I know it is sort of off topic, but it is still to do with furnature placement. I know they must be in an equalateral triangle from memory from where you are sitting. What is the best place in a rectangular room. Thanks!

Hi acs108,

I had a look at your layout. Why not put the pianola in front of the window and the cupboard against the wall? That way you could be looking out the window while playing on your pianola and the view from outside the window would be better than the backside of a cupboard. Maybe you can try this sometime.

Good luck.

Back