Cisterns-closest Forum I Could Find

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAULYBOY

SABUMNIM
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a house with a cistern. Never owned one, never lived in a house with one. I've heard a lot of pros and cons from workmates and friends, but it seems theres a lot of misunderstanding about them. What I need to know from those who have been there is the advantages, moreso the dis advantages, and what to expect of the system in terms of maintenance, trouble, reliability, etc.

Cisterns eh.....Well how big is it, where does it get the water from, and where is it stored.
The thing about ones which use rainwater is that birds can tend to make the water harmful...get my drift. There are water treatment systems ...but those are only for treating the water mineral issues...not potability.
Talk to your local water company, or treatment center and get good info for your area. Things change as far as climates and geographic areas. Oceans, power plants, fire prone areas, lots of rain....a little rain....migrating geese.:eek:

Lots of issues. Good luck.:D

Back