Bathroom Lighting Help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diyguy23

Reaction score
I would like to put in recessed lighting in my bathroom, but my wife will be using this bathroom as well and I have heard it does not work well for because unwanted shadowing. Lighting on both sides of the mirror is the solution but I do not have room on the right side for lighting. What could I do in order to upgrade the poor lighting in this bathroom and improve it for grooming as well? Thank you in advance,

Maybe very bright indirect lighting?

What kind of indirect lighting? I can replace the light above the mirror, but I am looking for a dramatic change. This is an older house that has had some work done but needs quite a bit more for me to be satisfied. Thanks for the replies,

Maybe uplighting mounted on the vanity but reflecting off the walls would eliminate sinister facial shadows but I don't know who makes such lighting.

You could try different options as to position and brightness with lamps, reflectors, extension cords and a helper.

Makeup is best applied to match the situation. Evening makeup is different from daylight. You could install a string of halogen lights so the point sources overlap, creating no shadows. They are low profile and produce pure white light for a "true" look. Just check the "light cone" for each device at the height you are using. Use enough devices to guarantee no shadows. Any good lighting store can help you.

Problem solved ... where's my dinner, honey? :D

can you post some pictures so we can see what your trying to do?

Latest posts

Back