Terminax

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasman

Reaction score
Does anyone on here use terminax monthly service. Ive got them coming out in a week and wanted to know if its worth it and all. Getting the inside and outside sprayed and then once a month come back to respray the outside. Thanks for any comments about them.

I used to work for and was a licenced exterminator.
Here's just a few things I came across while in the field with Terminx and Orkin.
Time and time again when we were hired to do an insect and water damage inspection for a home sale we would find active termites and powder post bettles, boring bees or fungus. All doing damage to the home. There idea of a treatment was to set bait stations around the house 4' ft or more from the foundation.
They do nothing to kill powder post bettles, fungus or boring bees.
They would show up once a year and sometimes (if they saw someone car in the driveway) and open up the tops on the bait station and pull out the piece of pine to see if there was termites eating it. If there was they replace it with a bait stick.
Here's the problum Termites are blind, what's the chances there going to even find a 3/4 X 3/4 stick out in the yard. Even if they did find it so what, it's out in the yard.
Many times I heard the story of how the so called inspector would show up eat there lunch in the car, when does stick a bill on the door and drive off.
There so called warrenty to pay for any further damage is a bunch of bull. How would you prove it's old or new damage.
Those bait staions they use are the same as the ones you can buy at Lowes or HD for about $50.00 for 24. Termix will charge about $100.00 a piece (not a box) for the same thing. They just do not work.
A real inspection involves crawing around and checking every foundation wall, every pier, every floor joist. If termites are found then the whole foundation needs to be treated not just a spot treatment. It involves trenching around every pier, inside of foundation, drilling holes in any concrete floors, outside slabs, garage slabs, holes in every void in the block and shooting chemical into the holes. Then roding outside around the foundation down to the footing.
A lot more work but any local exterminator can do it and do it right.

Last edited:
Wow thank you so much for that link. Im so cancelling my service call with them.

Why not keep the appointment and also call some local exterminators and get back to us on the differances?

I ended up keeping the appt and they came out to treat my house and yard for fleas. So i let the guy spray the house and yard and for a couple days I had no problems at all I thought finally they are gone. Well on the fourth day i was wrong they were back and with vengeance. So i called them and they said they cant do anything for 2 weeks since it was an initial treatment but would respray at no charge. So they are coming out tomorrow to respray hopefully it works this time. If not im gonna get a full refund for sure. My dog cant take much more scratching all the time. Keep yall posted.

The winter was so mild around here this year the ticks and Flea are worst then ever. My dogs were going crazy scratching. We took them to the vets and she gave us some pill and she told us it would take effect within 1/2 hour. Within 30 min all be darned, you could see the fleas leaving the skin area and running around of the fur and dropping dead.

Was it by any chance called Trifexis. Cause ive heard good things about it and im going to get it from my vet soon. If so what do you think about it any bad side effects?

Back