Laminate wood floor repair.....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeiowa01

Reaction score
Another question for you all.......I have a laminate wood floor in my condo. We are moving and I need to know if there is any way I can buff and re-coat the floor. We have two dogs who have left scratches on the top coat of the laminate floor and they are house trained but have had accidents when they were pups and where they peed the top coat has started to chip away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wow thats a tough one. I would maybe try replacing the boards that are damaged or chipping.To replace boards that are situated close to walls or moldings, follow these steps:

1. Start by removing the baseboard or molding. Be sure to do this carefully as not to damage the molding, as it is replaced in the final step.
2. Remove the boards starting from the molding until the damaged board is accessible.
3. Replace the damaged board and then the rest of the boards you removed, by clicking them back in place.
4. Replace the molding.

Back