Need some opinions on quality of work and materials of Kitchen Cabinet Install

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakweb

Reaction score
Hello All, thank you in advance for any recommendations and opinions. I have paid a local company to do a kitchen remodel and I have a few concerns. In my opinion the cabinets could have been installed better, here are my concerns.

The first 2 Pictures shows a difference in the way the crown sits next to the wall. The installers said
"- adjacent wall next to crown is not deep enough for crown to butt flush with so how it is installed to return it back into the wall is a correct installation for that application."

Could the installer have done it better?

Problem #3 seems like a very large gap to me, installers said:
"Still need to install scribe molding (we know about this)" In my opinion they took a wrong measurement, it should be much closer to the wall.

Problem #4 and #5 images seems like discoloration of the cabinets. Installers have informed us this is normal coloring for this cabinet type.

Problem #6 and #7 - The sliding door they put in does not look even with the molding. I'm wondering if this could have been done better as well.

Thank you for your feedback in advance.

kitchen 1.jpg

kitchen 2.jpg

problem 1.jpg

problem 5.jpg

problem 6.jpg

problem 8.jpg

problem 9.jpg

My Opinion:
pic 1 isn't that bad, pic 2 - no way, find a better solution.
Pic 3 need a wider piece & have it scribed in.
pic 4&5 - have the doors replaced discoloration is not acceptable
Pic 6&7 - your door frame/rough opening is not square - maybe caulk the gap

The discolouration on the doors is machine burn and should have been sanded out before finnishing have them repair it.

The old door and frame were there when the stucco went up and with house settleing it is hard to make that look good. He could have tried a little harder but it would never be perfect, caulking is the answer.

Thank you very much for everyones feedback and this forum, it helped me come up with a solution with the contractor. They agreed to remedy all issues.

Latest posts

Back