Laminate Flooring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applebear

Reaction score
I am looking to do 98% of the house with laminate flooring, including the kitchen. The only room I'm not doing is the bathroom for obvious reasons. Before I finalize this decision, I wanted to ask if there is any pros or cons I should be thinking of. Or things I should be making sure are done before hand.

I have seen a lot of laminate in my parents and friends homes, and it doesn't seem that bad for price. I am limited on funds, so it seems like the most ideal to go with.

I just was hoping to get a little advice before setting it in stone. This is what I am looking at, along with another color [same brand, price] that is much darker. http://www.menards.com/main/floorin...e-brazilian-koa-sunrise/p-1762037-c-12442.htm

Oh wow, thanks...don't know why I didn't even think of doing that. My friend has it installed, hers looks real good.

I guess on that note, does anyone have any brands they recommend?

I wouldn't use laminate in a kitchen. Spills can ruin it.

I used Formica laminate in my kitchen years ago. All of it is the same stuff counter tops are made from. Back then it was glued though that made it very good for spills. I haven't seen anyone glue it once the snap joints came out but I don't see any reason you couldn't. Maybe the flooring guys would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

I have been going back and forth about putting it in the kitchen, though it's rare I spill and I clean it up right away when I do [though if it gets under the seams, I know what it can do].

I have a little more time to decide what to do there, but I may change my mind. If I do, it will be linoleum like the bath. I tried stick on tile last 2 times and regretted it greatly.

Latest posts

Back