Replace leaky bathroom faucet tube or entire assy?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have what looks to be a 20-year-old American Standard Reliant faucet in my bathroom that recently started leaking. 20 years is great for scotch. It's not so good for hardware. I went to buy a replacement tube at Home Depot for the leaky cold water supply before checking out what's there; I don't think these hot and cold water supplies are meant to be replaced. And where's the nut holding the faucet hardware in place? There's just a mess of stuff up there.

Thinking I might just call a plumber. Thoughts?

Under my sink 1.jpg

under my sink.jpg

They sell supply tube at home depot. They also sell new faucet there too. You said the faucet 20 year old anyway. So if you want parts to fix the faucet go to a plumbing supply house. Or call a plumber and get rip off. Or call a handy man jack all trades master of none.

can someone confirm what I suspect: That certain older American Standard faucets don't have replaceable hot and cold water supply tubes? These appear to be integrated into the faucet.

FWIW, I'm just guessing about the age. I just bought this apartment, I didn't build it. :)

Just change the hole thing out it will be cheaper that way

Last edited:
Back