Crown/trim gaps

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crackur

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to the whole renovating your home type of work. I know how very small or minimal space in some of my trim.

My question: Is there some type of plaster/puddy that I can use to fill the seems so I can sand it and paint my trim?

Thanks for any help.

Any wood filler which has sanding abilities could be used. If the crown is going to be painted white, I just use caulking in a tube for quick results. There was a recent thread discussing this same situation and many experts here have different opinions on what filler to use. Since I am only a "jack of all trades", I only provide you what works for me.

Use Alex Dynaflex 50 year latex caulking. Cheap caulking is just going to crack. Only make a tiny hole in the tip of the nozzle, apply then wipe it in with your finger, then wipe the area down with a damp sponge. There should be 0 caulking on the face of the trim only just enough to fill the gap. If it's on the face of the trim, no amount of paint will cover it up.

Back