Camping

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only been a few times, but I really enjoyed every bit of it. Wish I had the free time to do it more.

Me too. It seems whenever I try to get things planned it never works out.

I am more than ready!!! Got a ton of scrap 2x saved up for the fire pit and just need a good place away from any possible traces of the human race, rat race, or cell phone signal!!

I turn off everything too.

I hate having to get where I have no signal to lose the electronic gadgets, but it seems I'm not alone.

I have done my share of camping mostly to keeps kids happy but never really understude it. Work night and day to buy a nice house and fix it up just the way you want it and then pack it all up and go live like a caveman and call it a holiday.

Me thinks your doin it wrong. 1st. Leave kids home! 2nd. Cook the best food imaginable all over a wood fire. (Its an art) 3rd. Digest food. 4th. Repeat steps 2 and 3 till ffood is gone.

I have done my share of camping mostly to keeps kids happy but never really understude it. Work night and day to buy a nice house and fix it up just the way you want it and then pack it all up and go live like a caveman and call it a holiday.

I used to think similarly but have actually started enjoying the experience.

It's nice to get to a simpler place. Both physically and metaphorically.

Me thinks your doin it wrong. 1st. Leave kids home! 2nd. Cook the best food imaginable all over a wood fire. (Its an art) 3rd. Digest food. 4th. Repeat steps 2 and 3 till ffood is gone.

Don't forget the beer!

I have a quad trips set for Memorial Day and Labor Day with Beer Camp immediately following.

Yeah. The weekend after Labor Day our brew club heads up to the Mongollon Rim and camp. We all bring up our camperators and other tasty drinks to enjoy. Saturday night we have a potluck. I usually head over to the lake and catch a mess of crawfish for a boil and give the little ones to a couple gals that like to make etuffe. We bring up the tater guns and have a horseshoe tourney. Oh and the boys like to go and pee off the cliff.

Yeah. The weekend after Labor Day our brew club heads up to the Mongollon Rim and camp. We all bring up our camperators and other tasty drinks to enjoy. Saturday night we have a potluck. I usually head over to the lake and catch a mess of crawfish for a boil and give the little ones to a couple gals that like to make etuffe. We bring up the tater guns and have a horseshoe tourney. Oh and the boys like to go and pee off the cliff.

That sounds like a blast.

Any campers here?

I'm going to be taking out all my gear in a couple of weeks to get ready for the spring camping season. I need to make sure everything is intact still.

I know I need a new lantern. I had a cheap battery operated one last me a couple of years, but it broke last year and now I have to replace it.

Every Memorial day weekend. Starts on The Wed before for a few of the guy's., We have an 80 acre farm that goes down to a river...nothin but peace and quiet...till we get there.;)

Years ago the Wife and I and a dozen or so others would go North in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. We would camp and Canoe for a Weekend on the Pine River. What a blast. We were very good at Canoeing and most others weren't. That was more fun watching them crash and burn than anything else I can think of. I remember the Female half of one couple screaming "Barb Damn you; You said this was going to be fun"

Ah, the good old days!

Ah yes... the enjoyment of seeing others
experience bad times... the good 'ol days ;)

Latest posts

Back