Where to locate parts for an old Frigidaire range

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavinmcl

Reaction score
The oven on my 1967 Frigidaire range has given up the ghost and as I really don't want to part with it I'm trying to locate some parts to repair it. Given its age none of the regular appliance parts stockists seem to carry spares for it so I waswondering where might be a good place to start looking for retro parts?

The broil and bake elements of the oven now only weakly heat so I've figured that either the thermostat or the oven selector need replacing. We would really hate to lose our old stove as its oven was excellent for baking and hold its heat far better than a modern stove.

So far I've tried Frigidaire and a number of local appliance repair shops but without success. So I'm a little stuck as well as a little desperate :help:.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers anyone could provide e.g. retro suppliers etc.

Gavin

Unless you can google a antique parts supplier on the internet, you could always retrofit a new thermostat if you can find something close.

Hi,

Have any numbers off of the old control?

Some restoration places...
http://www.appliance411.com/links/Restoration/

jeff.

I do. I took them down from the controls after removing the back panel from the range. I'm looking for the following.

Oven Selector: UB 2183-51 FRIG 3411182 (20A 115-230 VAC)

Thermostat: Wilcolator Type G-4 8057 6-70C 3412852 (25A 277 VAC)

But I will certainly check out the link you've posted.

Thanks

A copy from my friend the Webmaster at Appliance411...

3411182 and 3412852 are the part numbers. The first one changed to T3411182 but I haven't seen it available for many, many years.

I'm not familiar with the 3412852 thermostat but Wilcolator thermostats could often be rebuilt. I don't know who's doing such these days. Maybe one of the restoration web sites?

jeff.

A copy from my friend the Webmaster at Appliance411...

3411182 and 3412852 are the part numbers. The first one changed to T3411182 but I haven't seen it available for many, many years.

I'm not familiar with the 3412852 thermostat but Wilcolator thermostats could often be rebuilt. I don't know who's doing such these days. Maybe one of the restoration web sites?

jeff.

Thanks Jeff. Nice to know what the specific parts numbers are for these two parts. That'll give me more information with which to track them down with.

So far I haven't had much sucess in tracing either of these to the antique dealers I've so far contacted. Just need to locate someone with a "forgotten" pile of old Frigidaire parts;) Or find some universal parts that can be fitted to our old stove.

Latest posts

Back