water hydrant causing low pressure

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garbert

Reaction score
I have hydrant between the well and the barn. in the barn I have a cattle waterer with a inline control valve. it has a counterweight that pushes the button on the control valve to shut off when the bowl is full. if the bowl is full and I open up the hydrant, the waterer starts dripping till I close the hydrnt again. it will overflow the bowl. what would cause this pressure problem? if I close the hydrant part way, the drip at the waterer stops

Last edited:
Most of the ones I know about use a float not unlike your toilet float except industrial strength. You say yours has a weight. Do you know the type or could you post a picture?

it is a nelson waterer. when the bowl fills up it tips on the balance beam and pushes the button on the control valve

yes I agree, pressure problem. one person told me to up the pressure at the well pump? the main line from the well is 3/4 inch. when it gets to the waterer it is only 3/8 inch.

Don’t know anything about that brand. Seems there is a balance beam in there and it controls the water.

They do have a help number I would give them a call.

Nelson's commitment is for as long as you own Nelson equipment. Our advice is free and as close as your phone.
Call Tech Support:
888-844-6606
Monday-Friday
7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CST

yes, I contacted them, they are sending me a new control valve. just wondering if anyone thought it was well related

Last edited:
Back