Kitchen remodel?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisrieom

Reaction score
we are fixing a little bit of the kitchen and one of the things is we are painting the cabinets and putting new hardware on them. currently we are using the flush mount hinges. i am looking in to blac nickel hardware, BUT i dont see any that also have the flush mount hinges. at least not for the look i was going for. can i go to just about any hinge?

Have fun with your project, I have included a link to a cabinet hardware company, they usually have what I am looking for with these manufacturers. Sometimes if you are going to the box stores they only carry one or two lines of product.
A picture of what your doing would also help.
here is the link,

http://cabinethardwarespec.com/hinges-slides-locks

Good luck, and come back and tell me what you found, it helps others!!:)

With painting the doors you could most likely go with a different type of hinge if you were going for a country look or something with exposed hinges. The reason being with painting you can fill the old screw holes etc. and it should look good. That being said it’s always easier to stick with how they were designed, but I do understand wanting a look to match what you desire. And it will be a huge cost saving over all new cabinets. Buying on line great but you can take one of your doors off and take it to the building center compare hinges right on your door for fit etc. The bigger places around here have a pretty good selection. You might not find enough to do your job if you have a big kitchen but they can order in and you will have them as fast as on line.

Back