Hot water heater won't stay lit

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmayer

Reaction score
I am able to get my hot water heater to lite and work for a few hours, but it keeps going out. How do I trouble shoot to verify it si the thermal coupler or could it be something else?

It is most likely the thermocouple. They are only about $10 - I'd buy one and see if it doesn't fix the problem.

Dat's it..only I always buy two..one extra for the next time. You know, it always happens on the middle of a Sunday and no one is open.Monday shower is always tough.:2cents:;)

I put new thermal coupler on it still go out few hour.

I need one as well. I was told on FB that it is the same thing and I need to get a new one. They also told me I could do it myself. When I searched about it I found this website Forum. I am so glad to have found this place. Man am I. ^.^ but no time to find out where to find it and could I find one that cheap as well. 10.00 is a great price . I also am broke so I will have to do it myself. I have a 03 model and was wondering will I have to replace the seal they talked about on Youtube?

Back