Copper/Metal Roofing/Gutter Installers in New York City?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1victorianfarmhouse

Established Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine lives in New York City and is having a tough time finding a reputable copper gutter installer to do some smaller repairs, and may also be considering a slate roof. The house is about 80 years old....

Any comments or recommendations? I have no dog in this fight, just trying to help a friend who cares about his old house....

Thanks,

Vince

Can’t help you out Vince. Copper is fast becoming a thing of the past. I asked for copper flashings 30 years ago and the builder looked at me like I said gold.

Copper and slate have him ask around who does the old churches might get a lead.

Thanks, Bud. He has been asking around and is frustrated with the lack of info he can find. He is willing to pay for a quality contractor to do what he wants. I gave him the name of a guy I happened to hear about in Boston, Garrett Laws of The Copper & Slate Company, Inc.. I wanted to see if there might be anybody else closer. Someone who does churches etc is a good idea!

Vince

A friend of mine lives in New York City and is having a tough time finding a reputable copper gutter installer to do some smaller repairs, and may also be considering a slate roof. The house is about 80 years old....

Any comments or recommendations? I have no dog in this fight, just trying to help a friend who cares about his old house....

Thanks,

Vince

This is what I found at my go to source for obscure trades;http://www.thebluebook.com/search.h...m=Copper+gutters&geographicarea=New+York+City

If you type just copper gutters in the trades column there are a number of related specialties that are available.

I know I'm late on this, but here's what I can add: Give B&B Sheet Metal, in Long Island City, Queens a call. They are a top supplier in the area for architectural copper products. They should have some go-to contractors that they send referrals to. We do this type of work at Guttersmiths. I'm from Queens originally, but my business is based out of Madison, WI.

John

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back