Looking for new ideas...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbt0422

Reaction score
I am replacing my patio with a deck in the next few weeks and just browsing the website to get some ideas and tips.

Colleen

Welcome to the Forum, Colleen:
This is only the second time I have seen that name used; I wonder why?
Check with Home Depot and Lowes for books on decks, they have some great ones. I would recommend going with the new plastics and/or composites for a lifetime deck with minimal maintenance.
Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely look into Home Depot and Lowes.

Colleen

Check out Lowes online deck designer. I've played around w/ it and it does a pretty good job. Gives you 3D view, parts list, etc.

Hi all! Decided to do brick pavers which is actually a little cheaper then a nice deck. Chose the color sandalwood in a cobblestone. Hope it looks nice. Wish me luck!

Colleen

Good luck! I'm sure it will look great. Post pics when it's complete.

Up here in our part of the country you are better off with a patio for another reason....well 2 really.

You don't need a building permit and you dont get charged a tax when they do re-evaluations for property tax time.

Patios also do not need much paint...Ha Ha..:D

Hi all! Decided to do brick pavers which is actually a little cheaper then a nice deck. Chose the color sandalwood in a cobblestone. Hope it looks nice. Wish me luck!

Colleen
Excellent choice, you will love the patio.

Latest posts

Back