Choosing a Toilet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are very good options with the first one stating comfort height.
I assume this would refer to ADA height requirements.

I'm pretty sure that comfort height refers to 16", so any toilet that meets that height req. would qualify as comfort height whether they advertise it as a feature or not. I have Kohler toilets and have not had any major issues with them. But I understand that Toto toilets rate highly too. (and it's more fun to say :p)

Both are "rite-height" models and will meet ADA requirements.

The TOTO is about 1" taller than the KOLHER, so keep that in mind if your design includes a counter or shelf above the fixture.

KOHLER offers a myriad of options;http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/K-3810_spec.pdf

no difference in height, both 16.5 floor to rim
toto is 28 3/8 top of tank kohler is 28 3/16

Toto is made in japan and Kohler is made in America
I know which one I would choose

kohler.jpg

ToTo specs
WaterSense approved high efficiency (1.28 Gpf / 4.8 Lpf) toilet
Universal height for maximum comfort: 16-1/8-Inch rim height, seat height 17-1/4-Inch, tank width 16-9/16-Inch, tank height 28-3/8-Inch
Double Cyclone flushing technology, Elongated bowl
Powerful, quiet flush every time
SanaGloss: Super smooth, ion barrier glazing cleans your toilet bowl with every flush

Last edited:
You're correct. I read the 1st dim. as height.

We decided to go with the ToTo....since that is what the other two bathrooms in our house currently have. I hope it was the right choice.

Back