Leaky Curved Copper Pipe

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you figure out where this pipe goes, perhaps you could service that room by tieing into another pipe somewhere else in the house.

One last observation ... The RED plastic covering in the above-ground photo seems to show in the underground photo. Is it possible that is your offending pipe? Could have IDed it easily!

Now, you need to decide which of the several excellent fixes to choose.

Make sure you give us an update.

copper-pipe.jpg

It took some guessing since there were several pipes of the same color going through the slab but I was able to isolate it.

I ended up cutting the pipe and putting in a plug to stop the leak so I can continue work on it next week to fix it properly.

After plugging up, my observation is that it leads to the downstairs bathroom as the downstairs bathroom no longer has hot water.

I will update this post as I move forward with the fix.

Nealtw, I would love to but that would require me to dig up the slab in the bathroom too. I plan on re-routing it around the curve this weekend.

CallMeVilla, I ended up re-routing the pipe like in your last picture. It went well. Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to leave the wall and floor open for a few months to make sure it will not leak before sealing it back up.

Back