How long does it take your coffee maker?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I was doing a lot of camping and anyone camping that drank coffee was using instant and I don’t know how instant is now but then it tasted bad. I got the idea to put coffee in tea bags to see what would happen. I emptied out about 30 tea bags and crammed them full of coffee and stapled the string back on and took them camping.

They were a huge hit and everyone that saw them said I should get a patent on the idea. I made them up and used them for a few years and it was maybe 10 years later they started to make them that you could buy. For whatever reason the idea never caught on. I think the reason was they didn’t have a $100 machine to sell you with over priced single serving packs. All you need is a tea pot.

The coffee bags in boiling water were nice as you could let it brew till it was as strong as you like.

I might have to see if I can find some and start using them again. A tea bag with cotton string and paper tab is pretty eco friendly compared to a k-cup. Cheaper too. You could just stick it in your cup and put your cup in the k-cup machine to heat the water.

That's a great idea.

Today it took 14 minutes to make my pot of coffee.

Has anyone tried Starbucks instant coffee yet? I acquired a few boxes to add to my Red Cross "Go Bag", and was pleasantly surprised on how good it tastes for being an instant type of coffee.

i still say use the auto feature, make it the night before, if the alarm is rude and loud, kill the alarm, clip the blue wire

maybe the white and blue...orange ?

Took 15 minutes this morning. I need to set the click on it so I can set it to start before I wake up.

How much space do you have and how much coffee are you looking to make? We have little space and only drink a cup each so use a french press.

Latest posts

Back