recomendation for new programable thermostat

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMHmedchem

Reaction score
Hello,

My current thermostat quit on me and I need a new one. I won't have a WiFi connected thermostat in my house, and most of the recommendations I have see are for smart devices that need to be internet connected.

The system is forced hot water with 3 zones. Can someone recommend a quality programmable thermostat that does not have WiFi connection capability? This thermostat is for just one of the three zones.

Please let me know if this should have been posted in electrical.

LMHmedchem

I just installed Honeywell PRO 4000 Series thermostats. They are capable of running several different types of systems. A quick look at the instructions, I don't see a mention of WiFi. Just a standard programmable thermostat.

Honeywell makes a line of simple programmable thermostats, with push-button programming for just two settings or up to four settings a day with a different schedule for weekends. Prices range from $30 up about $90

I have 2 heat pumps, and our Honeywell programmable thermostat stepwise raises the temperature, so I instantly go to auxiliary heat. When I last looked at replacements, I could not find any that would slowly ramp the temperature so we could set back the temperature and automatically raise it. We simply bump up the temperature 1 degree at a time in cold weather to avoid the auxiliary heat. Will either of these new ones avoid auxiliary heat with heat pumps?

Eventually I expect to get geothermal, but with 2 functional heat pumps, it is still hard to justify until the children are out of college. No wait, they ARE out of college as of last week!

Latest posts

Back