Can Dry-Lok be applied on a wood surface?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmichaelquin

Reaction score
Can Dry-Lok be applied to a wood surface? I built a Pond/Beach House for the kids to hang out in, store pond equipment, and change clothes in. It is a nice facility - like a minature cottage house. It is a frame building on a deck foundation and I have finished the inside. The floors consist of OSB and the cheapest flooring I can come up with is $1.00 per foot - at 320 feet square (16x20) this is more than I want to spend. This floor needs to be able to take small amounts of water - dripping children, pond equipment, etc. NOW THE QUESTION: Could I apply oil based Dry-Lok to wood? This would result in a nice thick waterproof solution and if need be I can come back later and install a floor.

A good high quality polyurethane floor paint would be more durable and would seal better on a floor.

I asked that at the MPLS Home & Garden show. They said it shows every imperfection--not a good option. I went with a high quality floor paint and did some stenciling. Nice look...little investment...easy to cover when we decide what we want for a permanent floor (this is a rec room at our lake place).

Latest posts

Back