Drill Doctor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul52446m

Reaction score
Hi i am thinking of buying myself a Drill Doctor DD750X I have a ton of old drill bits that i think could be brought back to life.
Please give me your opinion on this tool. Paul

I've had one for a few years.
It's not as easy as they show it on TV.

Purchase a grinder, that way you'll have a multi-purpose tool instead of a drill bit sharpener only.

I have the Drill Doctor Jr. I think it was around $69. It is very simple to use and does work very well. I forget what the smallest bit you can put into it, but the small ones usually break before they get dull.It makes it easy to maintain the proper angle and most important, keeping both sides evenly sharpened so the drill bit doesn't want to walk.
Mike Hawkins:)

I have had one for years and it works great. The only problem I had was the bit holder. It got messed up. I bought another one and it's been working great ever since. It was on a TV ad which I normally ignore, but I bit and am glad I did. It's a quality piece of equipment. I think it goes up to 1/2", not sure how small though.

If you can find an old Craftsman drill bit sharpener, it would do just what the Drill doctor does.
Except the split point.
I've never had one, but I've seen them used. It looked much easier than the Drill Doctor.

Back